On August 3, Marin Art and Garden Center celebrates a major anniversary—75 years since it was established! These 11 acres have seen many changes since a group of women took the initiative to preserve them after the Second World War. Led by Caroline Livermore, the founders of the Center had a vision for the future of this property, which had been privately owned and was slated for development. The Marin Art and Garden Center was incorporated in 1945, as a center for horticulture and conservation as well as visual and performing arts. This group of women was responsible for ensuring that many more of our region’s beloved open spaces and places have endured through the years as well. Read more about the history of this place and the people who have shaped it through the years in this article by Nancy Benjamin.