In 1968, the Octagon House was designated as the Jose Moya del Pino Library, honoring a founding MAGC member and recognized community artist. The collection is limited to works related to art, decorative arts, architecture, gardening and local history. Many of the original volumes are from the personal collections of Moya and other local families. The Ross Historical Society was established in 1982 for research on early Ross history. The two organizations consolidated in 1994 and today the Octagon House continues to serve as the Moya Library, with historical resources that are accessible to the public.
Since 1995, Oceanic Society has carried on the original spirit of our founders and their dream to create a more oceanic society. Its mission is to improve ocean health by deepening the connections between people and nature to address the root cause of its decline—human behavior.
Pixie Park was established in 1952 as a volunteer-run cooperative playground for children age six and younger. Currently, the park is closed as major renovations are completed and county guidelines require playgrounds to remain closed. The park has play structures and swings for small children and trellises that shade picnic tables. The park is keyed and gated, thereby ensuring that children will not leave without their parents’ knowledge. Families fulfill their membership by volunteering their time for Pixie’s various events and fundraisers.
Ross Valley Players was founded by a small group of women in 1930 as a way to escape the hardships of the Depression. After first performing in various indoor and outdoor venues, in 1939 the group was offered the large red barn in what is now Marin Art and Garden Center for their performance space. Ross Valley Players now offers a main stage season with six plays, plus a bi-annual Ross Alternative Works (RAW) program for a total of 34 weeks of live theatre annually.